Friday, May 9, 2008

Week 5: First 3 Miler... in L.A.


Its time for the first 1+ mile run of the season. Since I'm doing the Portland marathon which is earlier than the others (Chicago and Silicon Valley in that order), we have an accelerated schedule. We jump to 3 miles this weekend while the others stay on 1. I don't mind this at all, it's a good opportunity to gauge progress so far. But this weekend I'm visiting my good friends in Simi Valley.

While training, it's not important where you run, only that you put in the required miles per week. So I run in Simi Valley, at about the same time as the others are running in Shoreline. I measure 3 miles using the cars odometer first; I don't want to guess it, nor can I... not at this stage.

I take it easy for the three miles, I don't want to push it today. But at the end I'm still tired and my arch still hurts. I think I need new insoles.

I'm glad I ran the three miles. It would've been easy to lay back and lounge about, especially when you're on a mini vacation.

No comments: