Saturday, May 3, 2008

Week 4: First Long Run...


... was not that long. Only a mile. But I will take it. I am glad that the program is so beginner friendly, and allows the individual to ramp up to outdoor running. I say this because running outdoors and running on a treadmill are chalk and cheese. I am able to run one mile on a treadmill without too much discomfort, but I cannot say the same thing for the outdoor one miler today. Fighting wind resistance, while experiencing none of the bounce and assistance offered by the treadmill, makes outdoor running a different ballgame.


After the miler I am not too out of breath, but I certainly feel it in my shins and foot 'arch'. This is going to take some time to get used to.

Later we all pose for a group photo. They have a decent sized group this year. A lot of first timers, which makes me happy; there will be people to share early training travails with!




No comments: