Sunday, June 1, 2008

Week 8.5: A little appreciation


It's when you take that first hopeful swing of a Golf club and meet only air, that you appreciate just how good a professional golfer is.

I ran a mile in 7m35s. I though that was quite good on average and I was panting hard at the end of it. But that was one mile. I ran a mile and I stopped.
Consider this:
Haile Gebrselassie holds the world record in the Marathon, finishing the Berlin Marathon in 2:04:26. This means, the man ran every mile of that 26.2 miles at an average of 4m45s. That is just ridiculous.


It was not too long ago till a 4 minute mile was considered impossible until Roger Bannister broke it. To run 26 miles at an average pace of 4m45s per mile is unreal!

Check out how the man runs:



I wouldn't be able to run that fast if I was sprinting.


No comments: