Saturday, June 14, 2008

Week 10: The easiest 4 miles of my life!


Today's long run is not really a long run. The Portland runners have a 'down' week. The training schedule is 2 successive weeks of increasing mileage followed by a week of low mileage. Today we are running only 4 miles!

Let me reflect on that a little bit. A couple of months ago, 4 miles would have killed me. The fact that I can add 'only' in front of it today tickles me no end. But I digress..

We meet at the Oracle Trail. It starts from Oracle and continues alongside the bay, parallel to 101N, up-to and under the San Mateo bridge. It's a beautiful trail.

Unfortunately, we don't get to see any of it. Me and my friend turn back at the two mile back. It's fun to see the faces of the 8-9 milers on our way back, a mixture of envy and hatred. :)

Just kidding. We amble back at a decent pace. The easiest four miles I have ever run. The body is definitely adapting, stamina is increasing, and today was ample proof of that change.


No comments: